Filmer/Editor/Social Media Marketing
We need your help.
If you are here, chances are you already know Snowboard Addiction and Ski Addiction. Just in case, here's a brief introduction.
We are the company behind the world's best Skiing and Snowboarding Tutorials. We have been creating content for the last 15 years, and we have a very concise, yet ambitious goal: to help everyone improve their riding.
We also offer training gear to help riders keep training and improving all year round.
We are a small and brave team, focused on efficiency and we want to get things done. We're based in Whistler, BC, Canada, one of the most important (and biggest) snow resorts in the world. Due to the nature of our content, we film a lot of stuff during winter.
So we are looking for a new member of the team, to help us create and deliver videos, from the planning and filming stage to ultimately posting ads and organic content.
Are you a good rider, with experience and ability to keep up and follow high-performance athletes, and would you like to make a living out of enjoying bluebird days and filming riders?
Do you have experience in social media, have you worked for companies helping them shine on the most popular platforms, or have you developed your own brand?
If that is so, please keep reading.
You are a good fit in the team if you:
- Are passionate about filming/editing/photography
- Have skills in Adobe Suite (Premiere & Photoshop)
- Know how to get the most of the most important social networks
- Are a creative person, bonus points for graphic design experience
- Are a team player, organized, flexible and adaptable
Tell us about your experience:
We're looking for a good rider/skier with a lot of experience filming and editing extreme sports such as snowboarding, skiing or similar. Please include examples of your work showcasing your filming/editing experience.
When, how, what?
This position is intended to be filled by December 2022, right when the winter season (and the fun) starts here, in Whistler.
This position is quite flexible and depends on our demand of content and on weather conditions. Approximately 30 hours per week.
Length of Job: December 1st till the end of April (5 months). Possibility to extend into year-round employment.
During winter, this position is primarily filming and editing snowboard and ski content for our tutorials, social media platforms and promotional ads. The ideal candidate would also have an interest in social media/marketing/advertising/graphic design.
- Filming (on and off the resort, we provide the equipment)
- Editing (Adobe Suite - Premiere & Photoshop)
- Posting to social media and maintaining the accounts (youtube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok)
- Working with snowboard & ski athletes
What's in it for you?
Negotiable depending on your experience.
Staff Housing is available for this position! Located in Nordic, a 5 min walk from the Creekside gondola.
There is the option for a shared room or a private room.
The staff housing is available year-round even after the winter position is complete.
This is what we need:
- Filmer & Editor with experience in extreme exports (ideally skiing/snowboarding)
- Social media guru to take ownership of our accounts and post great content aligned to our brands
- Graphic designer/creative mind
These are the Perks:
- Spirit pass available (discounted Whistler/Blackcomb seasons pass)
- Flexible schedule. No one on the team wants to miss a powder day, and neither will you!
- Fun work environment
- You get paid to be doing something you love
- Full-time employees get a free season pass in their 2nd year
- Full-time employees get extended healthcare on their 2nd year
Ready to apply?
Email your resume/cover letter and portfolio to:
with the subject 'Filmer/Editor/Social Media Marketing'
Please include a sample of your work, your website, your IG profile, anything that can help us understand your background.
Include any other relevant information such as experience, equipment etc.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Photos - SA staff riding day & SA customer ride day